Increase of electric mobility subsidies from 1 July 2020
The interest in electric mobility is rising. To support this trend towards more environmentally friendly vehicles, the Federal Government has launched the e-mobility campaign 2019 + 2020.
From 1 July 2020 there will be an expansion of the bonus system for the support of electric vehicles and the corresponding charging infrastructure as a contribution to the economic challenge of the corona crisis:
- Individuals as well as corporate customers are now getting a subsidy of 5,000 euros instead of the former 3,000 euros for the purchase of a passenger car with electric drive.
- The subsidy for plug-in-hybrids and vehicles with range extenders has been increased from 1,500 euros to 2,000 euros.
- Also, the financial aid for commercial vehicles and electric two-wheeled vehicles has been raised.
- Please note: the gross list price of the respective basic model may not exceed 50,000 euros for individuals or 60,000 euros for companies.
- Concerning the charging infrastructure, the subsidy for home charging stations is now 600 euros (instead of 200 euros), for publicly accessible charging infrastructures of companies, the amount of the subsidy has been increased to 300 up to 15,000 euros (until now between 200 and 10,000 euros), depending on their capacity.
Source: Federal Ministry of Climate Protection, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology;only available in Gernan
Precondition for all subsidy options:
- 100% electricity or hydrogen from renewable energy sources
- The amount of the subsidy is a flat rate (limited at a maximum of 30% of the eligible costs)
For more information about subsidy options please read our subsidy guidelines.
You can read the factsheet* of the Federal Government concerning electric mobility subsidies 2020 here**.
*Note: All increased subsidy options mentioned in the factsheet will be proposed for all applications from 1 July 2020 until 31 December 2020 (or as long as the budget is available) depending on the federal budget 2020 and the resolutions of the commission for Environmental Support in Austria and the committee for Climate and Energy and also include all registered subsidy cases arriving until 31 December 2020 (or as long as the budget is available).
**only available in German