Extension of electric mobility subsidies from 01 January 2021
To continue the trend towards more environmentally friendly vehicles in 2021, the Federal government and car importers have decided to continue the existing bonus system.
The following changes are effective since 01 January 2021:
- Individuals are still getting a subsidy of 5,000 euros for the purchase of a passenger car with electric drive. For corporate customers, the subsidy will be reduced from 5,000 euros to now 4,000 euros.
- The subsidy for plug-in-hybrids and vehicles with range extenders remains at 2,000 euros.
- Also, the financial aid for commercial vehicles and electric two-wheeled vehicles has been raised.
- Please note: the gross list price of the respective basic model may not exceed 60,000 euros for individuals as well as for companies.
- Concerning the charging infrastructure, the subsidy for home charging stations remains at 600 euros, for publicly accessible charging infrastructures of companies, the amount of the subsidy is between 2,500 and 30,000 euros, depending on their capacity.
Precondition for all subsidy options:
- 100% electricity or hydrogen from renewable energy sources
- The amount of the subsidy is a flat rate (limited at a maximum of 30% of the eligible costs)
For more information about subsidy options please read our subsidy guidelines.
You can read the factsheet* of the Federal Government concerning electric mobility subsidies 2021 here.**
*Note: All increased subsidy options mentioned in the factsheet will be proposed for all applications from the specified times until 31 March 2022 (or as long as the budget is available) depending on the federal budget 2021 and the resolutions of the commission for Environmental Support in Austria and the committee for Climate and Energy and also include all registered subsidy cases arriving until 31 March 2022 (or as long as the budget is available).
**only available in German